Brief Updates by Time
2019 (so far)
- 2 ICML'19 workshop (uncertainty quantification, for auto driving, and for mobile sensing) + 2 CVPR'19 workshop (underwater image enhancement, and deep learning to segment Arctic Wetland) accepted
- 1 ICML'19 (learning-based plug-and-play optimization) accepted
- My 2nd book Deep Learning through Sparse and Low-Rank Modeling (Elsevier CVPR series) becomes available online
- Invited talk at University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Will co-organize ICCV 2019 RLQ Workshop
- 1 IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging (sparse CT reconstruction) + 1 IEEE Trans. Image Processing (connecting denoising to segmentation) accepted
- Released MPID dataset: the first large-scale deraining benchmark.
- 2 CVPR'19 (high-resolution segmentation [oral] + MPID deraining benchmark) + 1 Bioinformatics (CNN-RNN for protein unfolding) + 1 IEEE Trans. CSVT (sparse coding theory) + 1 ICASSP'19 (GAN data augmentation) accepted
- ICIP'19 Area Chair, ICCV'19 + NeurIPS'19 TPC
- Will co-organize IJCAI 2019 BOOM workshop
- 1 ICLR'19 (deep learning for sparse coding [highest score]) + 1 AISTATS'19 (uncertainty quantification) accepted
- Appointed as Associate Editor of Springer-Nature Cognitive Computation (IF = 3.44)
- CVPR'19 + ICML'19 + IJCAI'19 TPC
- Invited Talk at: (as a co-organizer) TAMU Deep Learning workshop
- 1 IEEE Trans. Image Processing (low-quality visual recognition) + 1 NeurIPS'18 workshop (energy-aware inference) accepted
- 2 NeurIPS'18 (deep learning for sparse coding [spotlight oral] + CNN orthogonality regularization) + 1 ICDM'18 workshop (developmental learning) accepted
- ICME'19 Area Chair
- Invited Talks at: (1) Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Seminar Series, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW); (2) CS@Stevens Institute of Technology; (3) TAMU ECE ISS Seminar
- 1 IISE Trans. Healthcare Systems Engineering (depression detection from multi-modal signals) accepted
- Invited short course on deep learning /computer vision, University of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Invited talks at Italy: i) the "Data-Driven Approaches in Imaging Science" Minisymposium, SIAM Imaging Science Conference, Bologna; ii) Dept. of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento.
- 1 IEEE Trans. Image Processing (video super resolution) + 2 AAIC'18 (Alzheimer's disease prediction from MRI/PET images) accepted
- ACM MM'18 + MICCAI'18 TPC
- Invited talks at: (1) University of Maryland, College Park, MD; (2) US Army Research Lab, Adelphi, MD; (3) TAMU HRPC Computational and Data Science Seminar.
- A book where I co-authored a chapter on font recognition became available online.
- Invited Talk at: Samsung Research America, Dallas, TX.
- IJCAI'18 + ICIP'18 + IJCNN'18 + ICME'18 TPC
- Invited Talk at: Bell Labs, Murray Hills, NJ
- Invited Talks at: (1) Rice University ECE seminar; (2) University of Houston ECE seminar
- VCIP'17 special session chair
- 1 AAAI'19 (video dehazing) accepted
- Won the Lenovo AI Innovation Award, and gave an invited talk at the Supercomputing (SC) 2017 conference, Denver, CO.
- Invited Talks at: (1) ECE CESG Seminar; (2) CSCE Graduate Seminar; (3) ECE Bio-Seminar
- Start at Texas A&M!
- Received the ICCV 2017 Young Researcher Travel Award
- MIPR'18 + PAKDD'18 TPC
- 1 BMVC'17 (unsupervised hashing) accepted
- AAAI'18 TPC
- Invited talk at: Banner Alzheimer's Institute, Phoenix, AZ
- 1 IEEE Trans. Image Processing (multi-object tracking) + 1 CVPR'17 workshop (super resolution) + 1 ICIP'17 (CT image super resolution) accepted
- 1 IJCAI'17 (deep learning for sparse coding) accepted
- ICIP'17 Area Chair, ACM MM'17 + VCIP'17 TPC
- 1 IJCNN'17 (visual aesthetics assessment) accepted
- Finalist of the UW Amazon Catalyst Innovation Award